Wednesday 11 August 2010

The Wonders of do it yourselfness

So...that career prospect didn't work out. That means, that I'll have to do the whole go to agents, headshots, website thingy by myself. But, in a way, maybe this'll be more fun.

By doing things myself, I'll learn how to be independant. No Cinderella stories here! I'll get to the top by putting in the time, effort and not spending thousands of dollars on training classes. Also, I'll get to do things at MY pace, not someone else's. I mean, I'm going to put in the time and effort, but I won't feel like I'm a failure if I don't have a major contract in six months.

I get to do community theater, you tube and other things which I would probably not get to do if I signed my soul away to a contract.

Lastly, I won't have to move to New York or L.A within six months. As much as I'd like to move away from San Antonio, I would also like to keep my job for at least a year. It doesn't look so good on a resume loosing jobs within months of eachother.

So, really, this whole "not getting a call" is actually a good thing. I get to keep 500 dollars and I'll (hopefully) ge a new car. I just have to be sure to keep up with all the "career" centered things (head shots, reels, website etc...) that I've been planning to do. Perhaps you, my dear, faithful quintet will be able to help me with that? Would you be willing to provide me with reminders every few weeks. Just leave a comment every once in a while saying "Rachel, remember those business cards you were going to print out? You should really get on those..."

I know I can't, in good consience, ask you to do that for me...still...it was worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment