Sunday 8 August 2010

Things are Looking Up

I don't know if you know this, but I want to perform. And not in the 'let me sing for my friends and family in my living room type of way'. I want to make a living performing.

Now, a company (yes, the possibly scamalicious company I mentioned yesterday), has offered to give me access to people who can make my dreams of performing come true. Now, I prayed about it last night and I said to God 'God, I'm broke. So...if you really want me to do this...I mean really want me to...then give me a full scholarship.'

This morning, I got a call offering me a place in the company AND a full scholarship! I'm so excited about this I can't even tell you! I have a phone interview with the scholarship lady tomorrow but it seems like things are finally starting to fall into place for me.

I have a new job, a possible career prospect and some money in the bank. Now, I just need a car and I'll have it pretty much made. No, honestly, if I were to look into the mirror of Erised today I would see myself, as I am, with a car behind me.

Speaking of the mirror of Erised. I have learned one lesson from this day. That lesson is this: there are very few Christian Harry Potter fans in San Antonio. And almost none who want to attend meetups discussing the subject.

I started a Christian Harry Potter Meetup group on meetup.com. Today was our first meeting and it consisted completely of myself and my mother at Barnes and Nobel. So...maybe there will be more people at the second meeting? Hopefully.

Also hopefully, I will receive that car soon. In the mean time I'll be taking the bus at 6:46 tomorrow morning to go to work!

You know, with all the complaining, doubting, and arguing I did, God gave me a lot of good gifts. I may be horribly selfish, unorganized, lazy and a bit scatterbrained at times, but things like this show that he must love me in spite of all of it. And, that's a good thing to know.

Unfortunately, all this happiness makes for rather boring blogging. I'm sorry about that. I'm sure I will have plenty of post job/interview tales

3 comments:

  1. I'm so, so, so excited for you! This doesn't make for boring blogging at all. It makes for HAPPINESS. God is good. It's always nice when you get such a clear "Yes, this is what I want you to do" answer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that is so exciting!!

    If I were in the San Antonio area I would definitely join your Christian Harry Potter meet up group, good luck with that as well.

    By the way, I wish we had more time to get to know each other at Infinitus, but hopefully we'll see each other at a future con. You were amazing in the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so, so glad it all worked out for you. Little miracles like this are lovely. And don't ever feel bad about HAPPY BLOGGING! It's a good thing. =]

    ReplyDelete