Saturday 7 August 2010

Actress requires loan

Have you ever had that thing happen when you go to an audition and then find out that they want you to pay them money?

I went to audition today for "Actors, Models and Talent for Christ". They hold a conference in Orlando twice every year in Orlando Florida where lots of agents and casting directors come to see people they've trained audition for them. It seems like an increadible experience. I had a great time at the audition and did very well (I think). I sang Summertime and then they wanted me to sing something Celtic Women inspired (because, as a musical artist, that's what my voice is best marketed as), so I did The Voice. Then I performed a monolouge from Uncle Vanya and the auditioner was very impressed that I chose to do Checkov (everyone else either read from the little commercial blips we were given or else did a monolouge from a movie).

I think I've got a good chance at a callback from this. Here's the thing, however, they require a five hundred dollar deposite as well as four thousand dollars before the convention in January. That's right, 4 THOUSAND dollars! My checking account has never even SEEN that much money. Not to mention, I need to buy a car AND I just started my job. They have scholarship programs so, I might be able to get a scholarship from someone, however, I'm not sure that it's really worth it at this point.

So, really, I'm here asking for your advice, dear blog readers. Do you think I should fundraise and find scholarship money to train with this company in the hopes of bieng able to sign with a New York agency or Record company? Is that opprotunity worth four thousand dollars?

Let me know what you think. I appologize for the shortness of this post, however, auditioning does take a lot out of you. So, now I'm exhausted.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. From what I hear, if a talent agency thinks you have talent, they sign you. They do not charge you. So the ones that ask you to pay for classes or whatever are scams...or at least not nearly worth what they charge...but that is just what I have been told. I really know nothing about the subject. I would ask Sunny from TFB if I were you. She knows stuff about this...
    Above all else I think you should definitely think about your other options/opportunities to do the same thing first.

    ReplyDelete