Wednesday 4 August 2010

More nervous angsting from the nervous angsting blogger

Hi! I'm Rachel and I'm nervous and angsty about everything.

I know, it's never nice to meet a nervous angsty person, much less read about them in personal journal style blog postings; that is why it is amazing that who ever is reading this is actually reading this and hasn't run away at the first sentence. So...thanks Mom.

'What are you nervously angsting about today?' my Mother may ask. Well, the thing is, I've got a job interview tomorrow. 'Why is this something to nervously angst about?' Mom may further inquire. (Mom, would you really just stop and let me talk?). Ok. Now, the reason this is something to nervously angst about is, I'm afraid of getting into a job I'm not good at.

I know it wasn't necesarrily my fault (loosing my last job) but now I'm terrified of being hired for a job and then sucking at it and being fired again. That would confirm the fact that I really can't do anything except sing, act and write. And, let's be honest, everyone thinks they can sing, dance and write so everyone tries to do those things for a living which means there are a lot of people competing for very few jobs.

THAT means that people who can sing, act and write often have to do something else well too. Problem is...I have a hard time recognizing things that I do well besides those things. I know, I'm just being paranoid and I'm sure I'll find a job that I do nearly as well as I sing, act and write. I'm just worried that I'll have to go through a lot of jobs that aren't right to get to the one that is.

Well, the good thing is this interview is for a television station, which is, at least something I'm interested in.

So...this is me saying wish me luck, Mom! (And whoever else was brave enough to keep reading this). Also, prayers would really be helpful. I know that God has something in store for me. If this is supposed to be my new job, he'll make it my new job. So I really shouldn't worry.

Well...until tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I read it, and I am almost positive that I am not your mom. Good luck! If it helps, I think you're amazing and have equally amazing things in store for you. And maybe it's good not to be able to see past your passions, at least right now; it'll keep you from settling. And why settle when you can take over the world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Rachel! :) I'm busy, but I'm trying to keep reading these. I just might be a bit late at times.

    <3

    ReplyDelete