Thursday 12 August 2010

Non intersting blogs and why they're ok

What did I do today?

I listened to monotone voiced training modules, spent my lunch hour lurking in the sheet music store across the street from my work, took part in a training webinar ate dinner at Chile's and spent the evening watching reality TV.

In short, my day was...average. Nothing special happened; no angels, no transportation mishaps, no funny anecdotes, no life epiphanies, just...a day... like a lot of other days.

Here is the problem with that: see, I had this idea that I would be living an exteremely entertaining, epiphany spurring, mountain moving lifetime movie staring Amy Adams and Meryl Streep since I lost my job and decided to blog everyday in August.

The sad truth is...well... that just doesn't appear to be true.

It might have been true if I had had to spend a lot of time wandering the streets in search of work. But, really, I'm very happy that I didn't have to do that. All in all, I'll take my relatively boring, happy, quiet life over the drama provided by Amy Adams and/or Meryl Streep. I'll stick to acting to provide my drama.

Unfortunately, dear blog readers, my happiness is your misfortune.

On your bright side, however, it appears that I will be attempting to take the bus tomorrow. And, as promised, I will have a Friday book review for you! I'll be reviewing Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis. Which, will most likely, result in nothing but squeeing, agreement and hero worship for Mr. Lewis. Just giving you fair warning...

No comments:

Post a Comment